Alphabet or One-Minute Alphabet or 90-Second Alphabet is a game in which two or three performers enact a given scene in which each sentence must begin with the subsequent letter of the alphabet, beginning with an audience-suggested letter. The game ends when the performers go through the entire alphabet once.
90-Second Alphabet features a 90-second time limit, while One-Minute Alphabet has a 60-second time limit and Alphabet has no limit.
- UK Season 3 episodes: 01, 03, 04, 05, 06, 08, 15, 16
- UK Season 4 episodes: 06, 08, 13
- UK Season 5 episodes: 03, 09
- UK Season 6 episodes: 04
- Comic Relief 2011
- Season 1 episodes: 02, 06, 20
- Season 2 episodes: 07, 16, 21, 23, 24, 35
- Season 3 episodes: 34
- Season 6 episodes: 08
- Season 8 episode: 14
- There have been times where the performers go over the time limit to complete the game without the limit being mentioned afterwards.
In Pop Culture
On the pilot episode of the Nickelodeon sitcom Victorious, a variation of this game, called "Alphabet Improv", was played. Performers had to improvise a scene with each line starting with the next letter of the alphabet. The difference is that it started with five performers, and anyone who used an incorrect letter was buzzed out and could not return.